Saturday, April 21, 2012

Ishigaki and other islands

Hi,

I%26#39;m planning to stay in Ishigaki next August. I read a lot here and in the whole internet. I have only a question :

Ishigaki is little but not so little to explore by foot. From Ishigaki city, how it is possible to go in the beautiful beaches ? For my knowledge bus are not so frequent. What do you suggest ? Bycicle ? Rent a scooter could be possible ?

And what about other islands (Iriomote etc)

THANKS !!!

Ishigaki and other islands

Hello!

You can get to some of the more popular beaches, such as Sukuji and Yonehara, by bus. (I have taken the bus myself when visiting Ishigaki.) But, you are correct in saying that the buses are inconvenient. There are some big hills in Ishigaki so riding a bicycle may be a little tiring, but the scenery is very nice. A scooter would be a good choice. Since Ishigaki gets a lot of backpackers, there are places that rent bikes and scooter, including hotels and guesthouses. However, I think the cost of a car is not much more than a scooter...Please take a look at this page which give some information about bike and scooter rentals:

鈥kinawa.jp/international/ishigakiisland.html

As far as other islands are concerned, I would definitely go to Iriomote if you have the chance. The entire island is a national park, and it is very beautiful. Taketomi is also interesting because the villages have strict building laws in order to preserve the traditional style of architecture. The villages are very nice to walk around and the island is flat, so bicycle rentals are very popular....

Hope that this helps. Enjoy Okinawa!

Kenny

Ishigaki and other islands

I%26#39;d like to jump on this message...I%26#39;m going to spend 3 days in Ishigaki in April, and we%26#39;re planning to book at Club Med. I know they don%26#39;t rent out scooters at the resort, but do they rent them out anywhere in Kabira village? Otherwise, I imagine it%26#39;d be pretty annoying to rent and return them from the main town, which is apparently an hour busride from the resort?


Hi. Finally I was there and it was very good.

Let me tell you some info.

I hired a car a day and went around the island. Club Med is far from Ishigaki city (20/30min by car) and it is isolated from everything. Kabira village is far from there (you cannot go by foot I mean). I think if you stay there you won%26#39;t move. Right if you

choose a resort for this !

If you want to see many beaches I think the best is to book an hotel in Ishigaki city. I was in a modern 3 star hotel just near the harbour, perfect to decide every morning where to go. From there in minutes you can jump on a bus or rent a scooter to go to Ishigaki beaches (Kabira is the best one for me but swim is not permitted) or jump on a boat to go to Taketomi (a must) or Iriomote or another one. City hotel won%26#39;t be so expensive as Club Med, but agreed, it is a different think. Another solution is the manta ray shaped hotel near the airport, just 5min by taxi from the city. Luxury and good services. Enjoy !

  • dapple dachshunds for sale
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment