Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Shinkansen question

We%26#39;re traveling to Japan in mid-april and plan on the following route: Tokyo-Himeji-Kyoto-Hakone-Tokyo. We%26#39;re planning on buying a 7 day JR pass but I have a question about making reservations. I%26#39;ve looked into the options of times for the trains that I want to take but want to make reservations to make sure that I%26#39;ll get a seat. Am I allowed to make several reservation for the same day? In other words, can I make a reservation for say 10am for Himeji to Kyoto and also a reservation for 11am? Since I don%26#39;t know what time I%26#39;ll be done with Himeji, I hate to rush just so I%26#39;ll make the train. Thanks for any hints and suggestions.



Shinkansen question


So you will make several reservations on the day and only plan on using one, and let the others slip away? Would you do that if each reservation costs 10USD? A sure way to ruin the this great travel product for future travelers.



Shinkansen question


No you should not make multiple reservatons. You do realize if you do that you are taking a seat away from someone else when you dont%26#39; show up? You would never do that anywhere.





You will find with so many trains it is not a problem to get a seat or reservation. Unless you are travelling on a super busy holiday you will find plenty of room on the trains. You are worrying about nothing.





There actually is a way at the stations to determine if trains are full, partially full etc by looking at the TV monitors.

No comments:

Post a Comment