Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Inhalers & Epipens

I%26#39;ve basically read through all the drug-related posts on the forum search which have been very helpful for general OTC questions. I%26#39;m hoping someone can point me in the right direction for some more specific questions.





My husband has an allergy to stings and has to carry an epipen with him, so I%26#39;m assuming we%26#39;ll have to go through the process of obtaining a ';Yakkan Shoumei'; Certificate for that, correct? He also happens to have asthma and carries an albuterol inhaler. I know they are very strict on the import of stimulants even with a prescription - has anyone had any issues with inhalers? Does that also qualify for Yakkan Shoumei?





Thanks!



Inhalers %26amp; Epipens


tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g298184-i861-k2394鈥?/a>



Inhalers %26amp; Epipens


I have an epipen -- that was prescribed to me by a Japanese doctor. I have no certificate. Just be sure to put it in your suitcase when traveling and not in your carry-on. There are no bees on planes, and it might be considered a ';weapon.';





BTW, Vicks inhalers are technically ';illegal.'; So be sure to hide it. :-)



Cheers!




I don%26#39;t think albuterol inhalers are a problem. The Vicks inhalers have (or had) a stimulant ingredient.





The Yakkan Shoumei seems to be only for mailing drugs: 鈥tate.gov/travel/鈥pecial_circumstance





Not sure you want to trust your Epipen to checked baggage. They are permitted in the cabin when traveling from the US: tsa.gov/travelers/鈥?





It looks as if they might be permitted leaving Japan, with documentation, if possibly needed in-flight:



narita-airport.jp/en/whats_new/070209.html (look at item 4, just above the picture halfway down the page.







Would it make sense to carry two Epipens, one checked and one carry-on, just in case?


  • lower eye liner
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment