Thursday, March 29, 2012

Ryokan near Philosophers walk

I am returning to Kyoto for my second visit with my 16 year old niece (her first time). I recall the area around Philosopher%26#39;s Walk as being very restful, pretty, and full of restaurants and shopping. I stayed at Hiiragiya on my first visit, but would like to stay in a Ryokan around the Philosopher%26#39;s walk area, which seemed more residential. Can anyone recommend a Ryokan in the area? Also, if my memory is faulty and this is not an area to stay in, would you please comment on that as well.



Ryokan near Philosophers walk


Nothing wrong with your memory. I have been going there regularly for more than 20 years but never stayed in a local ryokan. Kyoto Garden Ryokan is close to Nenzenji Temple, right in the area you want. Check the reviews on TA, although I notice that one person complained that it was old! Their website is



kyoto-ryokan.co.jp

No comments:

Post a Comment