Thursday, March 29, 2012

April Weather

I have read numerous statistic charts on weather for April in Tokyo, but they dont seen to actually state the same facts. I will be there Aprl 8-18





Would I be safe to assume, for packing purposes, that the weather in Tokyo and Kyoto will be at a low of 13 degrees c and a high at around 22 degrees c? (55 - 70 F)?





I have been watching the weather in Tokyo for about three months and it seems to have been very consistently hovering at around 10 (c) or 50 (f) for the high, whereas our weather seems to flucuate so much more.



April Weather


Using April 14th as an example, the stats show this:



The Average High Temperature is 18 C with a historical range of 13 C to 22 C



The Average Low Temperature is 12 C with a historical range of 8 C to 20 C





This website is great for those kind of things--check out the bottom of the page for real world historic data.





wunderground.com/history/…PlannerHistory.html





Just eyeballing your data I think your low temps are a little on the warm side. It can easily get colder than 13C at that time of year. I see one year a low of 8 for that date, yet one other year the low was actually 20. Just shows you how much weather variability there can be year to year.



April Weather


In general, those low temps are for early morning hours. Days and evenings are normally not near those 24-hour lows, however if there is wind it will be a factor.




I think that since the cherry blossoms would have already bloomed by that time, I did assume the weather would be closer to the 20C mark as a high. Maybe I am really just hoping.





I will contiue to watch the weather. I have weather.com on my phone.





Thanks.




April is the nicest weather of the year. Not too cold, not too hot. Not much rain. No typhoons.




Well that%26#39;s great to know. It looks like it%26#39;s already warming up in Tokyo by a few degrees as it is over here.

No comments:

Post a Comment