Thursday, March 29, 2012

Going to Tokyo on March 26 to April 5. Good time to go?

Hello all. I am planing a trip to Tokyo. I am about to book my plane ticket today or tomorrow. This is my first time going to Japan.





I am thinking about going to Japan on 3-26-09 to 4-5-09. Is this a good time?





Reason why I ask because I found out that during this time it%26#39;s Spring Break in Japan and I think everyone returns to school on the 6th.





I dont know how it is around this time in Tokyo so that is why I am asking here.





Thanks!





Going to Tokyo on March 26 to April 5. Good time to go?


As far as I%26#39;m concerned, it%26#39;s the best time possible--you%26#39;ll hit the cherry blossom peak in Honshu Island (Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, etc.)





Japanese school spring break is not a big deal unless you want to go to Disneyland and I don%26#39;t suppose someone from LA wants to go...



Going to Tokyo on March 26 to April 5. Good time to go?


Thanks, for your input.





And no I do not want to go to Disneyland. I live like 10 minutes from Disneyland.





Is this the peak season to go to Japan?




It depends on what you define as ';peak'; season! If you mean for when there are going to be the most tourists, you are looking at May, October and the holidays. That%26#39;s when many Japanese holidays and breaks are, so there will be more people around. Going in March and April is good, because you will see the cherry blossoms. Going in Sept/October is good because you can see the foliage for fall.




Its not a problem at all...





Its the best season to visit - the weather is the best of the year and if you are lucky there should be cherry blossoms.





The most popular cherry blossom places are very crowded, but there are enough cherry trees around to avoid the crowds.





One of the nicer places is the area in front of the British Embassy in Ichiban Cho, Tokyo. Its Imperial land, so drinking and loutish behavior is not allowed.




Thanks guys,





I just booked my flight to Tokyo from Los Angeles. I found an excellent price. $860 round trip. Singapore Airlines.





Now I need to search for hotel!






My understanding is the majority is trying to get out of Tokyo during this time, mainly to see the Cherry Blossoms in the countryside. What a great air fare. I think hotel rates are dropping likewise. I%26#39;m thinking it will be even lower in the fall, especially against the dollar.




So, I%26#39;m going to Disneyland on this week...3/25-28, guess it%26#39;s going to be pretty bad for me, huh?




You live in FL you have walt disney world. Why come to Japan and see an American theme park like Disneyland?? :P




I was thinking the same thing, but was afraid to ask :-)





3/25-28 is right in the middle of Japanese school spring break. Tokyo Disney will be super crowded. Avoid Sat. 28th for sure!





Are you ready to go, Chmura? I%26#39;m leaving on 3/25 and coming back on 4/6. My SQ fair LAX-NRT was $728. It%26#39;s cheaper because I%26#39;m coming back on a Monday. I usually fly JAL but couldn%26#39;t resist this offer.





Anyway, seems like we%26#39;re going to hit the Sakura peak!! Enjoy.




Shibuyakko,





Will there be blossoms to see in Disney area or Shinjuku area from April 7-13?

No comments:

Post a Comment