Thursday, March 29, 2012

Transport

Hello. I am a Jet and recently moved to Japan. A relative is visiting me and has bought a rail pass. I would like to travel with her to Osaka, Kyoto and Hiroshima. I presently live in Toyama City. Is there some way to make the trip cheaper as the trains are very expensive and I don%26#39;t want to be separated from my visitor by catching a bus.



Transport


I am fairly certain that there is no way to avoid paying the full fare. My niece was on the jet programme and when her parents visited they had rail passes but had to pay full fare for her.



Transport


I suggest you hit the travel agents / JTB/HIS etc for packaged deals if you can find anything, also finding ticket discount shops near the major station, though its usually a small discount.




There are discount shops near stations and you probably should check with them. The discount is not substantial (like a JR Pass) but it helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment