Thursday, March 29, 2012

Photos: Two Akasaka Restaurants

I just added a small album with two of my favorite restaurants in Akasaka.



www.sotobori.com/gallery2/main.php鈥?/a>



It%26#39;s been over 15 yeas since I%26#39;ve visited either of them. One is a tonkatsu shop called Sueyoshi and the other is the Akasaka branch of the Moti Indian curry restaurant chain. Both are outstanding if you%26#39;re in the area.



Photos: Two Akasaka Restaurants


my god and they%26#39;re still there?



Photos: Two Akasaka Restaurants


Yes, typically good restaurants stick around for decades and in some extreme cases centuries and not so good ones go away. Sueyoshi is one of those specialty shops that does one thing very well which is making good meat dishes like menshikatsu, tonkatsu and hamburg steak.




Oh I used to go to that Moti ALL the time. I even had my birthday dinner there....natsukashii!




Did you ever go to an izakaya called Banya right down the street? It used to have the cheapest beer in Tokyo.




Do you know whether the Moti restaurant sells halal meat?





In fact, can anyone confirm any halal restaurants in Shinjuku area?




Sorry for my ignorance; I may be terribly wrong, but isn%26#39;t ';halal'; something that people in Islam are allowed to eat?? Is that lamb or something?




Shot; As far as I know and my knowledge is limited, but I believe %26#39;halal%26#39; is anything that is accepted by islamic laws.




Shot and Richardthegreat are both correct





Halal means things that are permissable in Islam





In the context of restaurants and dining it normally applies to the meat and whether it has been specially slaughtered in the halal way, loosely similar to kosher meat.




Do Indian restaurants serve halal in general?




No guarantee that indian restaurants will serve halal meat, simply because not all indians are muslims.





however, one thing that has always impressed me about japanese suisine is the fact that a lot of their dishes are based on seafood and vegetables. There is obviously a lot of chicken %26amp; beef eaten too, but thankfully hardly any pork. Complete opposite of China where pork seems to be the be all and end all of all dishes....!!

No comments:

Post a Comment