Thursday, April 19, 2012

Singapore Airlines question

Hi Everyone....



I am going to be flying LAX - Tokyo and have a few questions if anyone has tim to answer:



1. I am flying a 747-400, I am flying economy (due to funds) and was wondering if I could get some help with seat choice.. there are quite a few open still as I am going in July.





2. Food - Should I be packing snacks or do they provide plenty? I heard that you can get noodles anytime for the asking. Has anyone flown this to give me a time line? I will be doing a dinner/light meal and Breakfast/lunch back. also I always have heard that a ';requested meal'; is better. Has anyone ever had their seafood meals.





3. comfort: How are the blankets/pillows? Should I bring my own or are they better than Delta





4. Does each guest have their own entertainment TV? Or should I be packing a zillion movies for my Lap top and do they have internet?



I am leaving at 3:00 in the afternoon.. should I take a unisom right away and try to sleep the whole flight.





I am so excited I could pee my pants.. any information is help ful , also do they provide eye mask etc.



Thanks so much!!





Singapore Airlines question


seatguru.com/airlines/…information.php



Singapore Airlines question


Thanks.. I DID seat guru.. was hoping for some personal experience on this.. but thanks




I%26#39;ve flown with SQ dozens of times, and recently travelled to Egypt from Tokyo with them in business (4 flights) and economy classes (1).





1. If you request to have an aisle seat in an exit row assigned over the phone beforehand, you%26#39;re likely to be allocated to that particular seat when you are checked in at the airport. I%26#39;ve mostly been successful so far when I fly in economy.





Don%26#39;t request the window side, as there is a large door bulge in front.





2. They usually serve snacks between meals on a long haul flight.



As for a special meal, I%26#39;ve opted for the %26#39;Book the cook%26#39; designed for business and first class passengers this time. It must be ordered before the flight. However, contorary to my expectation, it wasn%26#39;t that impressive to be honest. Normal selctions on the menu may be better.





3. It%26#39;s good enough too me. Never flown with Delta.





4. Yes, a private screen is placed at the back of the front seat in every seat. You can play games, listen to music and watch movies.





Hope this is of some help.




I%26#39;ve flown SQ LAX-NRT a few times. I usually fly JAL but SQ sometimes offers a deal you can%26#39;t resist.





1. Go to seatguru and get a green ';good seat%26#39; if one is still available. I like the front part of the plane because it%26#39;s not as noisy as the seats behind the engines. I like to be fairly close to a bathroom but not too close. I think the window or aisle seat is a personal choice--I%26#39;ve never had a problem with a window seat.





2. Food on SQ is among the best as far as the airline food goes. They come around with snacks and drinks often. I%26#39;ve never requested noodles because I feel too full just sitting and eating all the food they provide. I usually request a seafood dinner and Oriental lunch. The last time I got a lobster for dinner and it was good--much better than the standard chicken dinner my son got.





3. I don%26#39;t remember the quality of blankets and pillows, but there was no complaint from my son. They must have been good.





4. No need to bring your DVD. Their movie selection is decent. I take Xanax before boarding and Ambien after I eat--next thing I know I%26#39;ll be in Narita. I%26#39;ll stay up really late the first night and try to sleep in a bit each day because nothing in Tokyo opens early.





Yes, they give you an eye mask. I%26#39;ll be flying SQ again next month. Enjoy your trip!




SQ has an excellent reputation and it%26#39;s one of the top airlines in the world. You definitely made a good choice.





For more responses, post your question in the Airlines Forum of Tripadvisor. See link below:





tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i10702-Airlines…




Don%26#39;t even compare SQ with an American carrier. They%26#39;re in a totally different league, and you%26#39;ve made a great choice flying SQ.





SQ are a TOTAL full-service airline, from the hot towels upon boarding your economy class cabin to the time you step off the plane.





Pillows and blankets will be waiting for you on your seat. The usual kind, I dare say. Not cheap and flimsy, but not as good as the quilt in economy on EVA Air%26#39;s A330s and 777s.





Entertainment is one of the best around.





FAs are usually always on hand and will provide you with any extra snacks you may need. i%26#39;m a vegetarian so I always order indian vegetarian meal. Servings are substatntial.





Have a great flight!

No comments:

Post a Comment