Thursday, April 19, 2012

Keisei Sky Liner...

Last time I was in Japan I had a JR Pass so that covered my travel from the airport but this time I%26#39;m not using one so I checked on Hyperdia and the Keisei Sky Liner seems best, but I have a few questions:





1. Can I buy this on the same day I wish to travel? It says all seats have to be reserved.



2. Where in Narita Airport do I purchase it?



3. Can you buy a return ticket?





Thanks :)



Keisei Sky Liner...


%26gt;%26gt;1. Can I buy this on the same day I wish to travel? It says all seats have to be reserved.%26lt;%26lt;



Yes, certainly. The Skyliner is mostly vacant.



%26gt;%26gt;2. Where in Narita Airport do I purchase it?%26lt;



At the ticket counter of Keisei Narita Airport Station located underground. Refer to the links.



鈥logspot.com/2008/07/welcome-to-japan-guide鈥?/a>



鈥logspot.com/2008/07/keisei-line-to-nippori鈥?/a>



%26gt;%26gt;3. Can you buy a return ticket?%26lt;%26lt;



Yes, even though there is no return discount.



Keisei Sky Liner...


Thank you so much for your help, those links are great :)




You may also consider Keisei Limited Express. It has the same route but makes a few more stops. The seats are unreserved so it%26#39;s pretty much a normal train. Since Narita Airport is the starting point, you should be able to find a seat. Depending on scheduling, sometimes the Limited Express actually gets you into Tokyo a bit quicker if you happen to catch it at the right time. The cost is just 1,000 Yen vs 1,920 Yen for Skyliner.




To add, there is no real reason to book a return ticket (you can if you wish, I usually don%26#39;t since it rarely sells out, and I never know what my schedule might be).





Also if you are going to take the Skyliner, then I recommend combining it with a ';Skyliner %26amp; Metro'; Pass, which only costs a few yen more, and combines a Skyliner ticket with a one day Tokyo Metro pass you can use at a later date. The cost is 2100 yen for a one day version, and 2480 yen for a two day versions. These are fantastic deals then if you were to purchase them separately.





Alternately as mentioned, the Keisei Limited Express train is about 20minutes slower, but costs only 1000yen to Nippori/Ueno. However it is a regular commuter train.

No comments:

Post a Comment