Monday, April 16, 2012

Illuminated Cherry Blossom Viewings

I%26#39;m finishing up my Tokyo itinerary plans...I leave in 16 days. I%26#39;m very excited!! There%26#39;s one last bit of info I hope I can get from the pros on here: a great place to see illuminated cherry blossoms. Really looking for a festive (Hanami) atmosphere, food stalls, beauitful blossoms, lots of people and open a little bit later. Do any good locations go past 20:00? Even 21:00 would be good for me. Any help would be great! Ueno Park? Chidorigafuchi?





Illuminated Cherry Blossom Viewings


Ueno Park will be super packed with hamani parties. There will be many food stalls, too. I%26#39;ve never been really impressed by the cherry blossoms there for some reason. The light up ends at 8 PM, I believe.





Chidorigafuchi is by far the best hanami spot in Tokyo, in my opinion. But hanami parties are not allowed there since it%26#39;s a part of Imperial Palace. However, you%26#39;ll find many hanami parties and food stalls at nearby Yasukuni Shrine. I believe the light up ends at 10PM at Chidorigafuchi.

No comments:

Post a Comment