Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Camping gas fuel?

Hi,

Can anyone tell me where I can find a camping store in Tokyo. Something like the REI here in USA. I need to buy gas fuel for my tiny traveling stove that I might use in parks. Thanks.

Camping gas fuel?

Tokyu Hands

There%26#39;s one in Shibuya, Shinjuku (south exit- same building as Takashimaya Dept. Store), Ginza, Machida and Ikebukuro. It%26#39;s not REI, but they have camping equipment, along with everything else you ever want.

http://www.tokyu-hands.co.jp/index.htm

I can%26#39;t find the English site. I%26#39;m sure someone else will! :-)

I%26#39;m just a bit concerned. What do you mean by ';I need to buy gas fuel for my tiny traveling stove that I might use in parks.'; What PARKS did you have in mind????

Camping gas fuel?

Hi,

Any park that allows picnic in Tokyo or in Hakone. Any? Take out my little stove, light it up, boil some hot water and and have a cup of tea. Am I allowed to do so in parks? Still pretty cold there, only 4C now.

Anyway, Thanks for the above info.


In central Tokyo you won%26#39;t find any parks that allow camping or cooking of any kind. If you tried to make tea with your burner, at the least you would get some strange stares and stink eye, and at the worst the police would run you out. Perhaps nobody would notice...

Anyway, all is not lost - Shiokaze Park, over in Odaiba, allows BBQ and even provides all the equipment. Its located right on the water of Tokyo Harbor, just a little ways down from Nikko Hotel, towards the Maritime Museum.銆€

Activities like this have lots of rules in Japan. For example, I am sure reservations are necessary. There is probably also a fee.

Picnics are ok in some parks, but nobody does it in Tokyo, except for eating a bento on a park bench or during Cherry Blossom season. That is mostly drinking (heavily), however.

Best just to buy your tea from a vending machine, most of which dispense hot and cold canned tea. 120 yen.

Don%26#39;t know much about Hakone, perhaps someone else can help.


Most parks have a sign that says ';No Fire.';

Picnics are fine -- just be sure to kindly keep the place clean afterwards! ;-)

As Yamanote said, you%26#39;ll be better off with a hot drink from a vending machine. They%26#39;re everywhere, and have choices of both hot and cold beverages. No where else in the world will you find such service!

You can also get hot meals at the convenient stores if you want a simple take-out.

Go to Tokyu Hands anyway. It%26#39;s a fun store to browse around.

Cheers!


I see, thanks both of your suggestions. I better not think about that doing it inside Tokyo, I just bring it along with me and see what areas outside of Tokyo I can try using it.


Upon further research, I found quite a few ';parks'; that allow the use of fire. But the site is only in Japanese.

http://gw.enjoytokyo.jp/camp_bbq/tokyo.html

There are a few around the Bay -- Odaiba and Kasai -- but the one in Odaiba needs reservations from 2 months in advance. They even provide an entire ';set-to'; with not only the pots, pans and a grill, but the ingredients as well! Scroll down for pictures.

http://www.date-navi.com/odaiba/bbq.html

Here%26#39;s an English site of parks in Tokyo, but suddenly there%26#39;s only ONE park that allows BBQ/Fire! lol Most likely, there%26#39;s only a handful of park info in English, hence the lack of links.

www.tokyo-park.or.jp/english/index.html


Thanks a lot mamgalli for all the info. I will keep all those in mind.

I am also looking for street food vendors or something like the Omoide Yokocho north of Shinjuku station. Thanks.


Are you looking for white gas or propane?


Hi,

I am looking for this type of fuel.

tahoemountainsports.com/store/media/snowpeak鈥?/a>


Those are special propane/butane canisters. I%26#39;m not sure if they are available at Tokyu Hands. Someone here may be able to call for you.

  • skin treatment
  • vc
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment