Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Beaches and Ocean Views

Out trip in early April will take us to Tokyo, Kyoto , Kamakura , Hiroshima and Osaka.





With Japan being an island, I was hoping to be able to see beautiful ocean views or beaches. That is the reason we chose to stay at Kamakura for one night. We dont mind going off the beaten path and dont mind an adventure so I am hoping that someone can recommend any side trips from Kyoto or Osaka (particulary Osaka, that would make lovely memories to bring home.





I have been looking over google earth, but most of the info is in Japanese. So, even if I see something I like, I cant tell what it is.





Any help would be most appreciated.



Beaches and Ocean Views


South of Osaka in Kii Peninsula is lovely Shirahama, an onsen resort town with a beautiful beach and some spectacular coastal scenic spots.





http://www.nanki-shirahama.com/



Beaches and Ocean Views


For a unique and off beat adventure, check Naoshima, the ';art island'; supported by Benesse Corporation. Aside from the art, the guest hotel there has stunning views of the inland sea.





Its located a ferry ride from Okayama.





Google Naoshima for more information.




If I dont stay overnight at Naoshima, what will I do? Is there a visitor center a starting point?




These are the three most scenic views in Japan.



http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2250.html



You can try at least one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment