Thursday, April 19, 2012

Photographing at Shiga kogen

I will be traveling to Japan in mid March from the US. I will photograph throughout Japan but I%26#39;ll be staying in Tokyo and taking extensive day trips. One of my photo shoots will be of skiers/snowboarders at Shiga Kogen or other ski resorts-depending on ease of travel from Tokyo (I will have JR pass). Since I will not be skiing, I am looking for advice as to which ski area will afford me a vantage point of capturing as many skiers as possible coming down the slopes. I will be photographing with an 8x10 field camera which requires a tripod as well. Any tips an advice is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Photographing at Shiga kogen

Wow! That%26#39;s impressive. Are you taking other format cameras with you? I occasionally see someone shooting large format in Yosemite and other scenic mountain areas but rarely 8x10 because of the bulk and weight of the camera, backs and tripod required. How many frames can you shoot in a day? I%26#39;m very intrigued by this.

Photographing at Shiga kogen

I am usually able to make up to six exposures a day. My 8x10 camera is very light (just under six pounds) and compact-It is made by Dick Phillips. I also shoot with a DSLR.


That is lightweight. Unlike digital, I guess you have to have the exposure perfect or you%26#39;re going to have to do some serious work in the darkroom?


Try the Ichinose Family resort. It has an extensive %26amp; open piste right at the resort base.

www.shigakogen.gr.jp/english/snow/ski12.html


and this has one steep run (Giant area):

www.shigakogen.gr.jp/english/snow/ski04.html

  • my skin infection
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment