Thursday, April 19, 2012

Luxurious Onsen Ryokan in close proximity to Tokyo or Kyoto?

I%26#39;m travelling to Japan for the first time in October, and I am staying in Kyoto for 2 nights and Tokyo for 3 nights.





I have one night free and I would like to stay at a ryokan with private rotenburo attached to the room.





Can anyone suggest anywhere that is relatively close to Tokyo or Kyoto that fits the bill? I don%26#39;t want to travel too far as my time is very limited.





I%26#39;ve done a lot of searching but am becoming very confused by the huge amount of choice available!



Many thanks!



Luxurious Onsen Ryokan in close proximity to Tokyo or Kyoto?


Hakone is very easy to get to from Tokyo. If money is not an issue, I highly recommend Hakone Ginyu, one of the best luxurious ryokans I know. Each room has rotenburo on the balcony:





www.hakoneginyu.co.jp/english/main.html





Check this link, too:





http://www.hakonenavi.jp/english/index.html



Luxurious Onsen Ryokan in close proximity to Tokyo or Kyoto?


I would suggest you better search Onsen ryokan around Tokyo.



There aren%26#39;t much of good Onsen ryokan near by Kyoto. You will have to spend couple hours to get there.




Shibuyakko, similar to thriller 7, my husband and I are intending to stay in a ryokan on our trip to Tokyo/Kyoto in October. Could you or someone please explain the rates table on Hakone Ginyu%26#39;s website? I gather that I need to look in the 2nd column from left for per person for twinshare rates but what does the higher figure in the parentheses mean? Thanks.




If you haven%26#39;t already, be sure to check this web site:



http://www.japaneseguesthouses.com/index.htm





They are also a reliable site for booking ryokan.




%26gt;%26gt;I gather that I need to look in the 2nd column from left for per person for twinshare rates but what does the higher figure in the parentheses mean? %26lt;%26lt;%26lt;





You are correct. The rates for double occupancy per person are listed in the second column from left. The higher figures in parentheses include service charges and taxes.





This ryokan is very popular and hard to book so reserve as soon as possible.




Thanks for your help everyone! I%26#39;m definitely hoping to stay at the Hakone Ginyu, as it looks incredible!!




Thanks, Shibuyakko, for clearing that up.




Thanks for clearing that up regarding the price table, but does that price (for 2 people) is already for 2 people or for each person?





I%26#39;m finding some japanese hotel websites give you a rate for double occupancy that is cheaper than a single occupancy, but the price given is per person so it%26#39;s not very cheap at all...




%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;Thanks for clearing that up regarding the price table, but does that price (for 2 people) is already for 2 people or for each person?%26lt;%26lt;%26lt;





Japanese ryokans usually give rates per person. Remember dinner and breakfast are included unless otherwise indicated.





%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;I%26#39;m finding some japanese hotel websites give you a rate for double occupancy that is cheaper than a single occupancy, but the price given is per person so it%26#39;s not very cheap at all..%26lt;





The rate given for double occupancy is per person, if it is lower than single occupancy rate. Japanese top notch ryokans are never cheap, 50,000 yen pp/night is not unreasonable at all.




Oh many thanks! :-)



What a mission haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment