Monday, April 16, 2012

Oakwood apartment Shinjuku

Can anyone who has stayed here tell me how/who they booked through?

I%26#39;am trying to book into this apartment for three nights and phoned them and was told that i can only book 1 month before my reservation in case the current guests decide to extend their stay.

Obviously we want to book everything in advance. Is this the same procedure others got?

Thanks

Oakwood apartment Shinjuku

We stayed there last month. I think I went to the Oakwood website and filled out the form asking for what we wanted and when. I received an email saying to apply again 2 weeks before we wanted the apartment. I did that and we were given a 3 bedroom executive apartment which was wonderful.

Oakwood apartment Shinjuku

I also tried booking early in advance. Their website said always that no rooms available and I was amazed if it was sold out already (tried to book studio for October at May). Then I just emailed Oakwood Asia representative and he forwarded me to a contact for Tokyo residencies (or something like that). He said that the reservation program doesn麓t accept less than a month long stay but it麓s of course possible to stay shorter heh. Then we just agreed on a 14day reservation for us via email, I had to fax a copy of contract with my signature on it to them and also to give some info from my credit card.

Two months from now and we will be staying in Oakwood Shinjuku, nice.


We also booked just a few weeks prior using the email link on their site. We loved this place for the location, the price, amenities (washer/dryer, kitchen, flat TV, helpful front desk staff, fast internet connection, etc etc).

But it%26#39;s not a hotel. They obviously are hoping to be primarily in the long-term corporate stay business, and are filling gaps with short-term guests in a slightly slippery way (';our minimum stay requirement is one month but we can meet your request for two nights';). To enjoy the Oakwood%26#39;s advantages you kind of have to work around any mis-matches between the property%26#39;s intent and your needs.


I stay here when in Tokyo and it%26#39;s never dissapointed. The staff is courteous and I haven%26#39;t had a problem booking for my required number of nights. I have never run into a booking requirement of 30 days in advance. Just fill out their form and get a rate - usually it%26#39;s the best deal in Tokyo. Just be aware that the studio apartments are extremely small but very clean. The view from the lounge on the 32nd floor is awesome.


Hi there,

We have recently booked the Oakwood Apartments for Jan next year. When I emailed their site directly I was told the same thing, but we just went ahead and booked through expedia (when you check rates on the tripadvisor page and it takes you to expedia). The only thing is you have to pay in total but it is all booked and confirmed from Oakwood staff.


i think it%26#39;s more complicated to book if you want a 2 or 3 bed apartment. Studios are probably easier to book a fair way in advance.


Would anyone be able to provide directions from Narita airport to Oakwood Shinjuku apartments by subway/train? I believe this is less expensive than the taxi or limousine bus?

Many thanks.


%26gt;%26gt;Would anyone be able to provide directions from Narita airport to Oakwood Shinjuku apartments by subway/train? I believe this is less expensive than the taxi or limousine bus?%26lt;%26lt;

Narita Express and %26#39;Suica and NEX%26#39; combo info: http://tinyurl.com/68lgxn

Navigation from Shinjuku Station to Oakwood: http://tinyurl.com/69462r


Many thanks optimistk; this is very helpful.

I also need to purchase rail tickets for:

Tokyo to Kyoto

Kyoto to Osaka

Osaka to Osaka airport

Is it best to take care of this at the airport and buy all my rail tickets at the airport or can I just buy tickets from any rail station?


%26gt;%26gt;I also need to purchase rail tickets for:

Tokyo to Kyoto

Kyoto to Osaka

Osaka to Osaka airport

Is it best to take care of this at the airport and buy all my rail tickets at the airport or can I just buy tickets from any rail station?%26lt;%26lt;

Shinkansen ticket from Tokyo to Kyoto can be purchased at a ticket counter, or from the ticket vending machine in any JR station. The machine is now mostly bilingual, I believe. as for the last two segments, you can purchase the tickets on the spot.

Tokyo to Kyoto on Shinkansen Nozomi: 13,520 yen (reserved)

Kyoto to Osaka: JR; 540 yen, Hankyu; 390 yen

Osaka Station (Umeda) to Osaka KIX: 1,300 yen on the limousine bus

http://tinyurl.com/5nkkg2

Hope this helps.

  • celebrity hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment