Monday, April 16, 2012

Conrad or Marriott Courtyard

Hi. I arrive into Narita around 3:30pm on Fri, May 15. I will only be in Tokyo until Sun afternoon until heading on to Seoul.





I am cashing in points for my hotel stay in Tokyo. It looks like I have two decent options through Hilton %26amp; Marriott. My two options are:



Hilton Conrad %26amp; Marriott Courtyard





I know the Conrad will be nicer than the Courtyard, but that is not my top priority. I want a hotel that is easy to go to/from the airport and a hotel that is convenient to the sights/good restaurants in Tokyo. Any advice is appreciated! Thanks!



Conrad or Marriott Courtyard


I%26#39;ve stayed at the Conrad, but not at the Marriott Courtyard. I do know the Courtyard%26#39;s location, however.





Based solely on location, the Courtyard might be a better choice, in the sense that it%26#39;s very close to Ginza%26#39;s shops and restaurants. I do like everything about the Conrad, except for its location -- the hotel is in the middle of office buildings. To get to areas of welcoming restaurants and shops from the Conrad, you either need to take the subway (which is conveniently at the front door) or walk through an unpleasant tangle of roads and pedestrian bridges.





As for airport access, they%26#39;re both about equal as far as I can tell. The fastest way to either one would be the Narita Express to Tokyo station then a taxi.



Conrad or Marriott Courtyard


You%26#39;re right. The Conrad is a much nicer hotel. You don%26#39;t see many restaurants and shops in the immediate vicinity of the hotel because most of them are located in the high rise buildings. If you walk to Shimbashi (about 5 minutes) you%26#39;ll see plenty of restaurants, though. The Marriott is only a few blocks from the heart of Ginza where you%26#39;ll find millions of shops and restaurants.





Access to/from NRT is about the same; the Marriott is a bit closer to Tokyo Station.





The Conrad is closer to subway and JR stations, so it%26#39;s more convenient for sightseeing.





If I were choosing, I%26#39;d take the Conrad any day.




Well Konnichiwa pikapptcu, I live in SoCal and I%26#39;m originally from Japan. I always stay in Courtyard(formerly Ginza Tobu Hotel) when I%26#39;m in Tokyo. I take Airport Limousine Bus(3000 yen) going to Ginza area from Narita.(The bus drops me off in front of the hotel.) Courtyard is on Showa Dori and WALKING DISTANCE to many great restaurants/shops/department stores. Conrad is gorgeous.(Great Bar.) But, I still love my cozy convenient Ginza nest!





Enjoy your stay in Tokyo!

No comments:

Post a Comment