Thursday, April 19, 2012

hot spring

Planning to Japan for a weekend in March, anybody can recommend a hotspring with ocean view. Thanks,



hot spring


Since you don%26#39;t say where you are landing, search here under ';Bath with Great View';:



http://www.secret-japan.com/onsen/



hot spring


When you say ocean view, I assume you mean you sit in the bath overlooking the ocean, correct? If so, you could look at Shirahama; there are some there that have this, I think. Also look at the onsen on Awaji; I can%26#39;t recall the place we went, but it was quite cool to sit in the outside bath with the waves crashing against the cliffs below us.





There%26#39;s also a place in Kyushu; I%26#39;ll try to dig up the name, but I saw it on TV. You can only access it at low tide; at high tide the spring is covered.





John W.




thank you all. your info is really helpful. I will do more homework on it.





really appreciated




Kaichu Onsen (Kagoshima-ken)



平内海中温泉 (鹿児島県)







John, is it the onsen you saw on TV?




%26gt;%26gt; Kaichu Onsen (Kagoshima-ken)





平内海中温泉 (鹿児島県)





John, is it the onsen you saw on TV?%26lt;%26lt;





That looks like it. I saw it on a Japanese TV program about remote/unusual onsen. Someday I%26#39;m going to go to one of the natural onsen that are usually part of a river and you just strip down and hop in.





John W.




Many onsen areas have ocean views so it depends on where you are going. A nearby trip from Tokyo would be at Izu Peninsula. If you are going to Osaka or Kyoto, Shirahama has spectacular views.




That brings back funny memories John.



I was taken by the Japanese family I stayed with, as a very special outing with grandmother, kids and the whole extended family, to a riverside hot springs. This involved a day%26#39;s travel and an overnight stay in a ryokan. Then, next day, which dawned overcast and chilly, we embarked on a cog train trip into the mountains to reach the restaurant near the springs. Luckily I had brought a down jacket with a rainproof outer layer, compressed in my small overnight bag. By the time we arrived, it was raining slightly, I was snugly encased in the puffy jacket, and grandmother been encompassed by a padded step-in garment that enwrapped her completely, kimono and all. The oldest sister in the family was sent down the narrow rocky path with me to the pools, while everyone else stayed in the warm restaurant drinking hot tea. My sister invited me to disrobe and enter one of the little natural pools. These little %26#39;hot%26#39; pools in the rocks looked like they might have been inviting on a sunny day, but when I dipped my hand in to test the temperature, they were not even warm, perhaps because of the rain. We ran back to the warm, dry restaurant as fast as we could !



I am still very thankful to the family for their thoughtfulness in showing me around the country. But since I never got a chance to go back on a better day, I await your trip report to enjoy the riverside onsen experience vicariously. :-)




It must be the time to yearn for soaking in hot onsen.



There are so many onsens with ocean view and many are clustered in Izu penninsula. If you want to have a private bath, visit here to search but all in Japanese.



http://kashikiri-onsen.com/



If you want a totally isolated onsen in the nature %26amp; nothing man touched surroundings in sight, try Kamuiwakka river onsen in Shiretoko, Hokkaido. It is free.

No comments:

Post a Comment