Friday, April 13, 2012

Last itinerary question - For Kyoto

This is the last area I needed to plan for my trip in April and probably the hardest. I basically cut my lists of things to see in half and I%26#39;m still thinking it looks kinda crowded:





Day 1



Arrive in Kyoto around noon



Walk to Sanjusangen-do



Kyoto National Museum



Kyzamizu-dera



Sannen-zaka



Ninen-zaka



-That brings me to my ryokan (Tamahan). Luggage will be forwarded, so just need to check in. Have supper.



Spend the evening in Gion





Day 2:



Yasaka-jinja



Maruyama-koen



Chion-in



Shoren-in



-Move to hostel for the rest of Kyoto stay (in the west end of town)



Nijo castle



Nishiki Market



Kyoto imperial palace park (will scrap for time)



International Manga Museum (in the evening)



Spend the evening in Pontocho, maybe find a club in the downtown area





Day 3:



Tenryuji



Ninnaji



Ryoanji (will scrap if time becomes and issue)



Kinkakuji



Take train to Osaka for 4:00 Bunraku performance





Day 4:



Day trip to Yoshino (6-7 hours)



Kyoto tower



Early to bed :)







The second day stil seems awfully packed to me, but I am willing to scrap the palace park if I run out of time. Also, do you think that I can fit all of day 3%26#39;s activities in before 2:00 so I can make it to Osaka in time?





Four weeks left til I leave, woot woot!



Last itinerary question - For Kyoto


Snakeytail





I guess the best way is to have your plan and see how you go.





I found we didn%26#39;t fit in as many things in Kyoto as I%26#39;d hoped. So be flexible, and see how you go.





Taxis are a good way to get between places fast if you%26#39;re in a hurry in Kyoto. We didn%26#39;t even try using buses as we only had a limited time there.



Last itinerary question - For Kyoto


You will need to wake up early and start your day early if you want to fit all day 3%26#39;s activities in before 2pm. Bear in mind one way travel from the northwest part of Kyoto back to Kyoto Station takes at least 30 minutes ( depending on traffic if you take the bus) no matter what kind of transportation you take. I personally like Kyoto Tower when it first lights up in the evening around 6 pm. I recommend seeing that on the 10F of Kyoto Station (Skyway) which is connected to Isetan Department Store and Ramen Koji ( Little Street of Ramen). The view is magnificent and the enclosed corridor provides an elevated level. Good luck!



Gigi

No comments:

Post a Comment